This privacy notice tells you what to expect us to do with your personal information when you make contact with us or use one of our services.
In this privacy notice, ‘we’, 'us’ and ‘our’ refer to Bridger Window Cleaning Limited.
This privacy notice applies to you if you ask us about, buy or use our products and services. It describes how we handle your information, regardless of the way you contact us (for example, by email, through our website, or by phone). Where we provide links to third party websites (eg CheckaTrade) or use data processors who are third parties to provide services for us (eg GoCardless), this privacy notice does not cover how these organisations process personal information, and we therefore encourage you to read their privacy notices.
Data Controller Information
Bridger Window Cleaning Limited is the controller for the personal information we process, unless otherwise stated.
There are many ways you can contact us, including by phone, email and post.
Our postal address:
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information from you and from third parties. Please see below for more information. Where you provide us with information about other people, you must make sure that they have seen a copy of this privacy notice and are comfortable with you giving us their information.
We collect personal information from you:
- through your contact with us, including by phone, by email, through our website, by post, through social media or face-to-face.
- any service providers who work with us in relation to your service, if we don’t provide it to you direct.
Categories of personal information
We only process standard personal information (for example, information we use to contact you, identify you or manage our relationship with you) about you.
Standard personal information includes:
- contact information, such as your name, username, address, email address and phone numbers;
- details of any contact we have had with you, such as any enquiries or complaints;
- financial details, such as details about your payments and your bank details;
- information about how you use our website or other technology, including IP addresses or other device information.
What we use your personal information for
We process your personal information for the purposes set out in this privacy notice.
We normally process standard personal information if this is necessary to provide our services to you, it is in our or a third party’s legitimate interests or it is required or allowed by any law that applies.
We process your personal information for a number of legitimate interests, including managing all aspects of our relationship with you, to help us improve our services, and in order to exercise our rights. More detailed information about our legitimate interests is set out below. Legitimate interest is one of the legal reasons why we may process your personal information. Taking into account your interests, rights and freedoms, legitimate interests which allow us to process your personal information include:
- to manage our relationship with you, our business and third parties who provide products or services for us (for example, to check that you have received a scheduled service, to check whether we have received a payment from you etc);
- to investigate complaints (for example, we may contact you for further information);
- to keep our records up to date;
- to exercise our rights, to defend ourselves from claims and to keep to laws and regulations that apply to us and the third parties we work with.
Sharing your information
We will not share your information with any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
We sometimes need to share your information with other people or organisations for the purposes set out in this privacy notice. We also share your information in line with the law.
We may share your information in the event of non-payment of an invoice. If the debt remains outstanding after the specified timeframe for payment, no payment plan is in place or an agreed payment plan is not being adhered to, we may initiate formal proceedings to recover the full amount of the unpaid penalty. As a result Bridger Window Cleaning may share personal data with the litigation and/or recovery specialists it instructs in order for them to identify assets and undertake recovery action through the courts.
How long we keep your information
We keep your personal information in line with set periods calculated using the following criteria.
- How long you have been a customer with us, the services that we provide to you, and when you will stop being our customer.
- How long it is reasonable to keep records to show we have met the obligations we have to you and by law.
- Any periods for keeping information which are set by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations.
- Any relevant proceedings that apply.
If you would like more information about how long we will keep your information for, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the following rights (certain exceptions apply):
- Right of access: The right to make a written request for details of your personal information and a copy of that personal information
- Right to rectification: The right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed
- Right to erasure ('right to be forgotten'): The right to have certain personal information about you erased
- Right to restriction of processing: The right to request that your personal information is only used for restricted purposes
- Right to object: The right to object to processing of your personal information in cases where our processing is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or we have let you know the processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests.
- Right to data portability: The right to ask for the personal information you have made available to us to be transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable formats
- Right to withdraw consent: The right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us to handle your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of Bupa’s use of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent and we will let you know if we will no longer be able to provide you your chosen product or service
- Right in relation to automated decisions: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you, unless it is necessary for entering into a contract with you, it is authorised by law or you have given your explicit consent. We will let you know when such decisions are made, the lawful grounds we rely on and the rights you have.
You also have a right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner: Information Commissioner's Office (ICO):
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Phone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (national rate)
You can find more information on your rights on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters
If you have any questions, comments, complaints or suggestions in relation to this notice, or any other concerns about the way in which we process information about you, please contact use at email@example.com.